Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Then and now...

Ok, this is fun! On the left is an iconic American photo by Photographer Jeff Brouws, http://www.jeffbrouws.com/ , in 1993 of the Capri Motel's sign in Joplin, Missouri, while traveling the old Rout 66...

...on the right is a photo I made this past Sunday while passing through Joplin on my way back home from my Dad's house...

...I hope to go by there on my next trip in the evening and try and do an exact update, if the thing is still working. The hotel is going through repairs from this past April's devastating tornado that cut a HUGE 1/2 mile wide swath through the Southwestern Missouri town.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad you could not get it lit up. But you could put it in Photoshop and apply some effects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Gunn for hire"! That should be my slogan! Or "Hired Gunn"!

    ReplyDelete